Dec 14, 2006 4:18pm
Re: Mort's Choice
here's the video history (so far). i made a copy from a sugarmegs vine, but didn't title it and have subsequently misplaced it (nice eh). when i find it, i'll be sure to let you know.
partial multi camera Danish TV pro-shot with graphics
to fill in the missing video to make a complete show
Dvd 1 (Set 1)
Cold Rain & Snow (05:43)
Me And Bobby McGee (05:57)
Chinatown Shuffle (02:47)
China Cat Sunflower > (05:43)
I Know You Rider (06:23)
Jack Straw (04:55)
He's Gone (06:54)
Next Time You See Me (04:59)
Black Throated Wind (06:42)
Dvd 2 (Set 2)
Casey Jones (05:49)
Playin' In The Band (09:23)
One More Saturday Night (04:42)
It Hurts Me Too (07:24)
Ramble On Rose (07:06)
El Paso (07:03)
Big Railroad Blues (03:28)
Dvd 3 (Set 2 cont)
Dark Star-> (30:38)
Sugar Magnolia > (07:08)
Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks) > (23:41)
Johnny B Goode (04:18)
French TV Broadcast>?>DVD
Performance footage dvd courtesy of theothrwayn and MattMan
sbd > 16 track 2" MR>DAT4x > Delta Dio 2496 > Soundforge > wav > Cd Wave Editor > flac > wav > flac (shnid=34224)
This is a further clean up of shnid 33802, which incorporates those already made on shnid 34032.
I have now repaired all digital errors that I was able to hear on d1 and 2, and two that were missed in Dark Star.
Their was a particularly stubborn problem at approximately 0:42 into China Cat, which I eventually patched with a 36 ms sample from shnid 9390. I don't think it's noticeable.
It was brought to my attention (thanks Phil) that according to The Tapers Compendium, set one ended after Black Throated Winded. Jerry says " We are gonna take a very short break here .....) so I've revised the setlist accordingly.
edited by SIRMick April 2006
-Video assets courtesy of MattMan and I appreciate him letting me re-do this show. Original dvd from theothrwayn.
-SBD audio provided by SirMick via tmnsp.net
-Audio synchronization by Kevin Tobin using Adobe Audition to
compress/expand the audio in multitrack mode to match the original audio.
-Video patches created with Ulead VideoStudio 9 by Kevin Tobin.
-Multiplexing via TMPGEnc MPEG Editor by Kevin Tobin.
-DVD authoring via DVD Architect 3 by Kevin Tobin.
1) At the beginning of the show, 5 minutes 26.000 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in. This includes all of Cold Rain and Snow.
2) Between Me & Bobby McGee and Chinatown Shuffle, 5.767 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in.
3) Between Chinatown Shuffle and China Cat Sunflower, 11.200 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in.
4) Between He's Gone and Next Time You See Me, 11.000 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in.
5) Between Next Time You See Me and Monitor Madness, 6.267 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in.
6) After Monitor Madness, 7 minute 6.000 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in. This includes all of Black Throated Wind.
Note: At this point I went with SirMick conclusion that Casey Jones started the 2nd set while considering that 70% of Spring 72 shows ended with Casey Jones and no other 72 shows started the 2nd set with Casey Jones. An explanation would be that with the TV thing going on, they wanted a "popular" song to start the broadcast. Or they did it too mess with us. Or Casey Jones actually ended first set because who would end a set with Black Throated Wind.
7) At the beginning of the 2nd set, 21 minutes 54.500 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in. This includes all of Casey Jones, Playin' in the Band and Sugaree.
8) Between Ramble on Rose and El Paso, 48.000 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in.
9) Between El Paso and Big Railroad Blues, 2 minutes 33.670 seconds was missing from the sbd source and was filled in with audio from the corrected video soundtrack. This portion of the audio was normalized to blend in better.
10) After Trucking, 1 hour 5 minute 47 seconds was missing from the video source - used graphics and sbd audio source to fill in. This includes all of Dark Star > Sugar Magnolia > Caution > Johnny B. Goode.
Video Attribute :
Video compression mode : MPEG-2
TV system : 525/60 (NTSC)
Aspect Ratio : 4:3
Display Mode : reserved
Source picture resolution : 704x480 (525/60)
Frame Rate : 29.97
Source picture letterboxed : Not letterboxed
Bitrate : Disk 1 8.400 Mbps
Disk 2 8.400 Mbps
Disk 3 7.500 Mbps
Menu : Yes (song list on separate menu)
Audio Attribute :
Number of Audio channels : 2
Number of Audio streams : 1
Audio Coding mode: Linear PCM audio
Sampling Rate : 48kHz 1536Kbps
Brokedown House Productions with Mattman's help
Do NOT Buy or Sell this video